Monday, July 7, 2014

Homegirl Can't Afford Valentino: The Rockstud Saga

I've been fantasizing about delicate vines of studded Valentino leather climbing my ankles, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Ah, the Valentino "Rockstud" Pump. The delicious feeling of wearing them while strolling the cobblestone roadways of quaint Italian villages (to which you'd be automatically transported as soon as you put them on, and they would cause all cottage-cheese-dimpled asses to smooth into some delectable Beyonce jelly, because Valentino!) is just too fantastic... in my imagination.

Um... and yours too! Don't pretend I'm alone in this. You've seen them. Let us take a moment and revel in their glory.

The Rockstud:







*** Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *** 

(That was the sound of a million angels in perfect harmony, as the sky parted and divine beings came down to sing the praises of these shoes. For real, though... I'm sure it happens. If you would like to test-drive this theory, you can purchase them here.)

Buuuut here's the deal. While I respect every bit of craftsmanship, skill, and heart that went into the creation of each pair of these obnoxiously rad shoes, the whole $1,000+ price tag isn't really happening for me right this minute. I'm saving for a wedding (WEDDINGS are the most expensive thing EVER, WTF), paying off student loans, trying to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables (WHY ARE BERRIES SO EXPENSIVE), experiencing all of the other really difficult first world problems of a Chicago Millennial, and onward. Also... I just don't want to spend that much on shoes.

Singing the same song? Well, dear chickadee, I have found us some answers.

My solution:

The Sam Edelman "Ollie"


 
 
Shorts-- Zara
Sunnies-- Karen Walker

 
This shoe has all the allure of Valentino's "Rockstud", with a little less spike and a half-inch more height. If you need a little more lift, Sam's got you covered at around a tenth of the price. I purchased these recently and I am in love. Heads up: I had to size down a half size. This style is flying off the interweb shelves. You can also try to snag a pair here (on sale!!!) or hereBONUS: These are actually super comfortable! I wandered all over the place in these, in the 90 degree heat, and barely noticed I wasn't wearing flip flops. For serious. 

Other Faves:

1. The Schutz "Brenae"
I adore this take on the studded T-strap.

2. The Wild Diva Lounge "Adora"


You can also find them in Ivory here.


3. Miu Miu Studded Kitten Heel Pump



4. The Sole Society "Anneke" Pump

5. The Sole Society "Susie" Flats


And, okay, these don't look anything like the Rockstud, but they do have studs... Just because I love them:




Go forth and treat thine feet.

XO,

Ash


No comments:

Post a Comment