Friday, August 22, 2014

Native Beauty

I've been lusting after a carved Turquoise eagle chest piece, an awe-inspiring squash blossom necklace, glorious rings, and every single killer Native cuff out there for... well, forever. Native American jewelry has always been my jam. Recently, while shopping for a pair of uber-toasty mukluks (because shut up winter, my circulation just gives up between the months of December and March and I need a whole sheep on each foot...), I came across an article about a Chickasaw designer by the name of Kristen Dorsey.

And may I just say, holy shit.

Tallon Earrings
Sapphires + Quartz + Rose Gold = YUM.

I'm a sucker for interesting lines and unusual combinations, and the textures and adventurous spirit of her designs wooed me on the spot. Wooed me.

Obviously, I'm going to be needing one of these:

Sky Serpent Cuff
Clearly this has magic powers. 


Oh hey, Christmas! You're not so far away! (Ahem, fiance... I's just sayin'.)


I would basically promise my first-born to Rumpelstiltskin to be friends with this:

Stingray and Larimar Breastplate



Unbelievable.

And frankly, I can't go much longer without owning this guy:


Foshi Pendant
Okay, so I have a thing for birds, but this is my favorite. How do you manage to make two-headed animals beautiful, miss thing?!



But alas, this beauty is sold out. One day.

Why wear any other pendant when you could be wearing a two-headed bird pendant, guys?! I may or may not have a jar of dollah dollah bills devoted to the acquisition of this bad boy. (WHY AREN'T YOU FREE, WEDDING? GO AWAY, PRIORITIES. FOSHI 4 LYFE!)

Black Diamond Barnacle Necklace


Ms. Dorsey weaves some delicious magic with her jewels. She is a storyteller with an impressive connection to her roots, one that spills into her pieces: fluid, light, and cosmic. There is a stirring fierceness in her collections, along with her choice of stones, that balances itself expertly against the pieces' unmistakably feminine and fashion-friendly aesthetic. Anyone that can marry stingray, sky serpents, diamonds, and avant garde badassery as she does without sacrificing elegance deserves ALL of the applause for being rad as fuck.

Woodpecker Bracelet




Also, TWO-HEADED BIRD jewelry. There is nothing that is not awesome about that.

I'm off to have that dream where I'm running through a field of flowers wearing a million Foshi necklaces. This may or may not be an actual dream I had.

Much love,

Ash.

No comments:

Post a Comment