Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Lazybird Style: Vol. I

The Jumpsuit.

Running my mouth about something awesome, probably. Happy September, chickens!

Let's be real, some days you roll out of bed and want to put zero effort into your look, or you just don't have the time. This summer has been so crazy busy for me (full of great things, I'm not complaining!) the time crunch has been the case for me on plenty of occasions. My solution: I've worn easy, versatile pieces like this jumpsuit (about a zillion times). To fancypants dinners with heels and serious bling, on date night with leopard booties and a snakeskin bag, out for burgers and draanks with bright flats and a red lip. It's crazy comfortable, and it makes me feel a little bit like a disco pimp, which is obviously a plus.

Also, pockets. POCKETS ARE ALWAYS GOOD.

I was super hesitant to try out the whole jumpsuit thing. I had a German teacher in high school whose wardrobe consisted entirely of uber-tight jersey jumpsuits in quite possibly the worst patterns of all time. Props for being fashion forward, Frau! The shape of this jumpsuit feels contemporary, and it comes in various lengths-- hooray for being tall as fuck and still finding things that fit me! 

The drawstring highlights the goods, and gives a bit of extra room about the tummy, should you want it. For me, any outfit that says, "It's cool, eat all of the food, you will still be comfortable," is my friend. And after this photo was taken, I ate like three dinners. I highly recommend the practice. 


I was really surprised that wearing a jumpsuit didn't give me old lady ass. Can you tell that M. took this picture?

Red flats, rolled pant legs, and a snakeskin bag FTW. Comfy chic, ready in 5 minutes.

Also, this jumpsuit is awesome if you happen to be covered in 1,000 fucking mosquito bites (which I was, here, because yay outside...) and don't want to go out with meth-head legs. I'm happy I'll be able to transition this into fall, too. Just throw a tailored blazer over it, hop into some ankle boots, and BAM. Done. Or, two birds-- toss a bright sweater over the top and rock a pseudo harem pants look with a pointed kitten heel. The possibilities, people!

This smile is courtesy of the fact that I feel like I am wearing pajamas, AND I LOVE IT. 

Here's to easy style, a beautiful end of the summer, and the beginning of what is going to be THE GREATEST SEPTEMBER EVER. 

Xx.

-Ash





2 comments: